- Start of the application period, January 1, 2024.
- Closing of the application period, March 17, 2024.
- Communication of the preliminary decision about scholarship, April 4, 2024.
The Selection and Examination Board reviews the applications. The Board rates every single eligible application based on the following criteria:
- Academic grades (final bachelor’s degree grade or, if the applicant still needs to graduate, the average marks for examinations taken by the date of the application will be considered ) -> 60 points.
- Motivation letter and CV (a two-page letter that describes why you are the perfect candidate for the EMJM scholarship) -> 20 points.
- Two reference letters -> 20 points. The reference letters must be sent to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org by the authors, within the 17 March 2024. The letter, in pdf format and English, must include letterheads of author’s Institution and the signature (both handwritten and electronic signature are accepted).
The Board will prepare a ranked list of selected candidates based on the total number of points obtained. The Selection and Examination Board reserves the right to conduct an interview in case of clarification from the candidates is needed. If the candidate is selected for the scholarship, the official assignment happens only if the admission and enrollment process is completed.
How to apply for a scholarship (2023/2024 is now closed)
If you wish to apply for the scholarship, you need to submit the scholarship application form by clicking below by 17 of March 2024
Any other way will be disregarded. Please note that the admission and enrollment procedures are independent of the EMJM scholarship. We strongly encourage you to apply in parallel for the admission, following the procedure described below
In case you are not awarded a EMJM scholarship, you can proceed to enroll as self-financed student or apply to the additional opportunities reported below.
Please note the different applications periods for German, EU and non-EU students. For students who obtained their Bachelor outside of the EU, the review of the documents takes between 4-6 weeks. Interested students are therefore encouraged to apply as early as possible for admission to avoid delays with the visa application process.