Skip to main content
International Master on Advanced methods in Particle Physics


This is a collection of answers to questions received by students


Q: When does the first semester begin?
A: The first semester starts early September in Clermont
Q: Will I have to enrol to each single of the three universities?

A: No, the process of admission and enrolment will be done completely at the TU-Dortmund. You will be registered also to the UCA and UNIBO so that you will receive a student account in each university.

Q: Is it possible to do this Master Programme online?

A: No, the lectures have to be attended in presence, so the exams.


Q: I do not have my Bachelor degree yet, when should I apply?

A: You can (and should!) apply for admission as soon as possible, even if you have not completed your Bachelor degree by then. In case you are admitted, you also need to submit the final Bachelor certificate prior to your enrollment. Enrollment is possible within the time span given on our webpage (

Q: I’m a non-EU citizen and I obtained my Bachelor’s in EU, should I apply via uni-assist?

A: Non-EU students who obtained their Bachelor’s in the EU do not have to apply via uni-assist. They apply like EU citizens.

Q: Are there additional admission requirements for non-European students?
A: The admission requirements are the same for all students (Bachelor degree with a good grade, at least B2 proficiency in English ). International students have to check their visa requirements, etc. You will find all the information on our webpage or the enrolment portal.
Q: Does the university cover or refund the admission fees by uni-assist?
A: TU Dortmund University can not cover, waive or refund the fees for the admission process that is charged by uni-assist.
Q: Does the university provide help for the visa process?

A: Yes, please take a look at the webpage of TU Dortmund University

Tuition fees, costs and scholarships

Q: Will the visa and flight charges every semester be covered by the University?
A: No, there is no financial support from the universities.
Q: It would be helpful to get a breakdown of the expenses covered by the University and the expenses the students have to bear.
A: The fees cover the use of the university facilities. There is no financial support for living expenses, health insurance or similar personal needs.
Q: Are there any scholarships for IMAPP?

A: The IMAPP program offers scholarships provided by the Erasmus Mundus program. Details about all scholarships opportunities can be found on the IMAPP website:

Further funding opportunities can be found e.g. on the website of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD):


Q: How the grading system will work during the different semesters?

A: In each semester you will be graded as a student of the host country, at the end all your grades will be converted in the German system to define the final grade.

Q: When do I have to move respectively in France, Germany and Italy?

A: Lectures in France begin at the beginning of September, and you will have the last exams, approximately, at the beginning of February.
Lectures in Germany begin at the beginning of April and they will last up to July, you will have to do exams between July and September.
Lectures in Italy begin at the end of September and they last until the end of December, then you will have your exams between January and February.
Notice that between the semesters in France and Germany (end of March) you will participate to a Spring School.


Q: Will the University help with finding accommodation in all the three countries ?

A: Yes, we do offer a service helping students to find accommodation. Further information are available at the following link.